The warm months are here and while you’re enjoying some extra hours of daylight, it’s also agreat time to catch up on some maintenance tasks that have been neglected during thewinter. While your list might vary a little, here is a great starter list to help you tackle some ofthose much needed maintenance chores this season.
• Yard Maintenance – It’s time to schedule that weekend yard project. Trim trees andshrubs, mow the lawn and plant some flowers. Clear debris from rain gutters and ifneeded add new mulch and correct drainage issues.
• Touch up Paint and Siding – Review the exterior of your home for chipping paint orworn siding. Examine the trim as well as areas by the ground for signs of moistureintrusion and repair any area showing wear.
• Furnace and HVAC Systems – Have your furnace and air conditioning systems servicedand cleaned.
• Clean and Inspect the Chimney – Another common fire and safety concern is thechimney. Order a cleaning and make sure there is a spark arrester which meets currentcodes.
• Check the Roof – Check for evidence of roof leaks and correct any current problem. Thisis also a good time to repair any old water damage in ceilings in the home, garage orattic.Spend a little time this summer to prepare while the days are long and the weather is mild.